Wednesday, July 29, 2015

And Yet Closer (whew)

So while I still don't have the offer letter in hand, I have heard that the paperwork has been sent in (to HR, I would guess he meant), the offer should come by next week, and they'll want me to start on August 24. Which is, first, my dad's birthday, so that's a nice karma point, and second, not for another few weeks, which gives me plenty of time to relax, and to set up a work-from-home space, and all that. It's good news.

Speaking of karma points, I am superstitious enough to notice that, after I spent two and a half days anxiously monitoring my email, waiting for this update, in the end it came this afternoon, when I was not checking my email at all, but was off helping a friend who had just moved unpack a few boxes. I mean, I was happy to help her, I wasn't doing it for any reward, but it does seem kind of funny, the timing.

One thing I really want to get for the new set-up is a new desk chair. I've been making do with one of the chairs that goes with my kitchen table, with a cushion on it, but it isn't very comfortable, and it's the wrong height for the table my computer is on, so I end up leaning forward on my elbows, terrible posture. I haven't bothered to do anything about it since I'm not generally at the computer for long stretches, but obviously working will be different. It may be time for a trip to Ikea; by their website, they have multiple less-expensive options, and while I want to get something decent, I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars on it. As for the desk, what I need to do is take everything off it, all the clutter and things that have built up, and assess what needs to be in my "home" computer/desk area, and what doesn't.

It also needs dusting. Which can easily go with the bigger project, can't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment