Monday, March 04, 2013

Sick, I Am

I am sick, so sick.
Hem, hem, cough, cough, hack, hack, owwwwwww.
I hate being sick.

Fever haiku, I guess you could call it, though I barely have a fever. I go from shivering to sweating, though, so I guess that counts. I have an "ahem" in my throat that won't stop, and periodically leads to a hacking, echoing boom of a cough. Plus a headache and tenuous stomach: it's all fun around here. Juice and pudding and soup. Bed to couch to bed. When I called the chiro's office to cancel, she said that I could still come in if I felt able, they might be able to help; I said that given the fact that I hadn't had the energy to bring the newspaper in by 3 PM*, driving doesn't seem like a possibility. Hopefully tomorrow.
*Still haven't, in fact.

If you missed the comment on yesterday's post, by the way, clever Kate had the answer: it's the music on that time-lapse snow video I posted, way back on February 10. Crazy! But certainly I'd rather it be that auto-playing for some reason, than something viral and nasty. Once I post some more, it will be knocked off the front page, and stop bothering us. So, let me make this longer, until I run out of energy, anyway.

First, I forgot to mention yesterday that when we went to Watertown to see the Yarn Harlot, Mary Ellen and I ate at the Deluxe Town Diner, and it was delicious! Definitely recommend if you are near it. I had the Deluxe Colossal Hungry Person's Special, and while I didn't quite finish it, it was all great, especially the bacon! They also have a sense of humor, based on the water they brought us:

Other things I've seen around recently:
Fun DIY bookshelves:

Classic cat:
And, yeah, I'm fading already. Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow, eh? Put in a good word for me, if you would.

1 comment:

  1. Noooooo! I hope you feel better soon. Carlos, take care of your mom!!

    ReplyDelete