Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This. And Also, That.

I was feeling a little sad this morning, in an unspecified way, and only when I got to work did I look at the calendar and realize, Oh. Maybe that's it.

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday.

It's not a sobbing-into-a-pillow sort of day, but I'd give a lot to be able to call and wish him a happy birthday.

**********
Words don't fail me that often, but oh, guys, today at work. Not good. Because seriously, here's one fast and easy way to make me crazy:
Oh, you know how two weeks ago we said that for this client, on this type of deliverable, we now have to format this in this way, and that in that way? And to do it starting immediately, and not to count on the writers or anyone else to get it right, but to make sure we all do it that way? Well, actually what we meant was yeah, all that, except if this one medical director is the project manager, and the writer marks it a different way, and the moon is full, and you're wearing blue socks, but not stripes, then do what they want. But otherwise do what we said.
Uh. Huh.

**********
Then there was an earthquake today. I've never felt one, and this one was 500+ miles away, but I absolutely felt it, and thought for a minute that I was going crazy. Particularly since half the office noticed it and half didn't!

**********
Not complaining, but I can't believe that Bruins training camp opens in less than a month. It's been so many years since they even made it past the first or second round, I got used to the unending unhockeyness of summer. For so many of the last years, they were done in April, or early May, leaving only:
  • watch the rest of the playoffs (not caring who won, except when Ray Bourque won with Colorado)
  • NHL awards (for many years with no Bruins involved)
  • wait for the draft (for which the Bruins weren't usually up to much excitement)
  • wait for July 1 to see who'd sign the big free agents (usually not the Bruins)
  • the last few years, watch for news from the Bruins rookie-development camp in late July
  • start counting down to training camp in mid-September
Now, I feel like it barely just ended and here we go again. They won the Cup, then boom! awards show, boom! it was the draft, then free agency deadline, lots of signings, development camp, days with the Cup (still happening!), and now only weeks until rookies report. Wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment