Monday, August 15, 2011

Head and Weather Woes

When I woke at 4 this morning, my head was a bit worse (though still not defcon one or anything) and my stomach was upset. I got up for alka-seltzer and went back to bed. By 6, my stomach was better but head was worse (noticeable in how the back of my neck hurt down to my shoulder blades). Pills and back to bed for an hour resulted in improvement, but not complete healing.

If you, too, are superstitious, let me tell you that I blame myself, as the thought crossed my mind Sunday morning that I hadn't had a bad headache in a few weeks, oh joy! Whoops. (Not that this has been a terrible headache, but it's more than I can ignore.)

So today, I wore the invisible Yoke of Headache. Ow. Making it to work was the main accomplishment, really--and in the rain, yet! Or perhaps staying at work all day, being available if needed, was bigger.

One problem was about how I handled between-project time. Normally when there's time between this and that, I find things to do, training-related reading and so on. Even during busy times, these lulls happen: Friday night, I was at work until almost 7, but that wasn't all working, part of it was waiting for the last project to come back to me.

With a headache, it's harder for me to find filler, to concentrate on it. And since we have to fill out time sheets assigning our days into projects and categories, well, it's a challenge.

Plus, it rained and poured all day, and according to the car it was 69 on the way to work and 65 coming home. Right now I only have one window open, and I'm cold. So of course that's a great consolation for not feeling well*. I just put on a hat! A hat! Because I am cold! It's August! I should be barefoot! It should be too warm for wool socks and my soft pants!

*sarcasm alert

Humph and humph. That's what I say.

Any humphs that you'd like to add?

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet the weather and your headache were interconnected. Pressure and all that jazz. (Take two cats and call me in the morning.) I hope it's better today.

    I'd like to add a "humph" to cats on steroids who still are finicky about food, as well as cramps that defy every kind of preemptive strategy. I cut back on the caffeine, man! Humph.

    ReplyDelete