Monday, August 08, 2011

Let Me Tell You About My Knitting Vacation

funny pictures - Monday <span class=
I wish.

Monday.

After vacation.

At a job I still don't love yet.

When it rained and it poured on and off all day.

And no one else came to stitch and bitch tonight.

So, not the best day ever. Not actively terrible, but not great.

So, let's look at knitting on vacation, shall we?

Knitting at an awesome diner (with all of six booths and a counter, plus a sign on the register inviting me to like them on Facebook) on the way there, a week ago Saturday:


Knitting on the rocks on Sunday. (I have trouble with using the word "beach" when there isn't sand. It's a personal hangup. Say shore or water's edge or rocks ... but not beach. Beaches have sand.)

Knitting by Jordan Pond, in Acadia National Park, on Monday:
(I sat and knitted while my friends circumnavigated the pond. Another day, they climbed a large hill, while I relaxed, knitting, by the car. Postscript to that is below.)

That was sock two, and the pair was done by Monday night.

Next up! This much was done before I got there.

On Wednesday, I tried them on, on the beach (Sand Beach, in Acadia, to be precise).

(When we walked back to the car after the beach, we passed a woman who asked how the knitting was going, I was knitting earlier, wasn't I? Yup, it's going fine! Big, crowded park, but small world.)(Or else knitting is a really weird thing to do in public ... but I'll keep doing it.)

No pictures of me knitting on Thursday at the winery while my friends tasted ... but if you're going to bring a non-drinker to a winery, on a rainy day when sitting outside or looking at the garden is not an option, bringing a knitter is probably your best bet.

And driving home Friday, it was all-but-done (I kitchnered the toe on Saturday).

That was sock one, and I cast on sock two tonight.

I also worked on the striped scarf one night, but I haven't taken its picture again. I'll show you when I do. The colors blurred similar again, but seem to be going different once more. Very interesting!

At least, if you find that sort of thing interesting. And I do!

2 comments:

  1. You don't like the skyp pattern very much, do you? Heh. The rainbow skyps are wonderful and I love the sandy colored ones as well. Did I tell you the husband really liked the skyps I did for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! By coincidence, on my vacation, I got to watch my mom coach my aunt in crocheting. It was an uphill battle because it was one of the ugliest yarns in the world--this awful oatmeal that was hard to see (teacher made her use it!).

    ReplyDelete