Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend photo show -- yes, Easter weekend

So, I'm a bit late getting to this, but I refuse to give up on sharing pictures from the Easter weekend trip that my mother and I made to Grandma's house (over the river and through the woods). And before I even start, I want to thank Maura and auntiemichal for playing the name-that-plant game I posted about last week. As soon as auntiemichal said "scented geranium", I wondered, because Grandma had mentioned that she could detect a faint scent from the plant. My aunt checked them out online and agrees, that seems to be what they have! Now they can find out its likes and dislikes, which is great.

I knew someone out there would be able to help. You guys are great problem-solvers. Now, in no particular order, on with the show!

Here's a plant with no mystery attached. Just pretty!


And my good friend the crocus:


The ice-cream place we stopped at on the way was very serious about keeping dogs out of their plantings! There were at least three of these signs around.


The ice cream was wonderful. Unfortunately, they weren't open on Monday for us to stop on the way home. Life is full of disappointments.

We saw this mysterious super-high mailbox, and had to go back for a second look. See what it says on the top one?


"Air mail". I love a sense of humor!


We celebrated Grandma's 96th birthday early:



I enjoyed knitting, in knitwear, in the sun. I got past the heel and am halfway through the pattern on the leg. Can't wait to finish this pair (in less than a year, thank you).


Grandma got a beautiful card from a Danish relative.


I wonder if this sort of thing is usual in Denmark?


More pretty crocus.


I liked the peep of red through the trees.


And the birch bark.


Maybe it's winter's end that made it all seem so photogenic.


I want the cool car! Or at least to ride in it.


Not the best picture, but do you see how it looks like an eyeball?


Experimenting with the camera's night setting.


The weekend's weather was wonderful, and it was funny to still see some snow on the ground when it was 80 degrees. Time with family was good, coming home to the kitties was good. (It was the first time I left Carlos, and he was fine. Perhaps a little more attention-seeking, but fine.) Miri, who is like another cat when she's not an only cat, didn't freak out nearly as much as she did at Christmas to have my mother here. Mum even got to touch her! It's amazing: having another cat around is like giving Miri a tranquilizer.

Getting tired here: to bed already!

2 comments:

  1. That card is so detailed and beautiful!!! I love the little chick.

    If Miri let your mom touch her, does that mean the world is ending? Or does it in fact mean Carlos is just full of good vibes?

    "Doctor, I can't seem to relax."
    "Take two Carlos and call me in the morning."

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like such a nice trip! i love the flower pictures and the cool car. speaking of cool cars you need to check this out: (small cars)

    http://tinyurl.com/yatvmg4

    really amazing stuff.

    you're lucky to have your grandmother still around and i'm glad you got to spend time with both her and your mother. yay! :)

    ReplyDelete