Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Note Before The Game

So is it just me or did time move so slowly today that it was almost going backward? Like, I think it might now be Wednesday night instead of Thursday? Just me? Well, at least that means that the Bruins do play tonight, looking on the bright side and how will I get through another 16 days of work I have no idea.

Have I mentioned how every time someone at work, learning that I am leaving, asks where I am going to be working, I want to answer, "ABH. Have you heard of it? It's short for Anywhere But Here."

Here's an example of what things are like at work: one day before I gave notice, I thought the big-boss crazy SVP was coming to my desk, and I considered hiding under my desk. For only a second, but seriously thought of doing it.

And rejected it because it would never work, I'd get caught. NOT because it's a ridiculous thing to do. I mean, it is ridiculous, but I only thought of that after the moment.

Oh, and on the lines of fortunately/unfortunately, I got contacted by a recruiter today, but it was for a position similar to my current one, not proofreading. And a phone message from a company that googling reveals is in sales. Bummer and bummer.

Ah well. Go Bruins, go Bruins!

1 comment:

  1. as hard as it may be you don't want to burn any bridges. i mean, you just never know. that's been one of my guiding principles. no matter how awful the job (and there have been some) i always tried to NOT burn my bridges.

    still, 16 days to go! woot! i'll be here with you for the countdown! actually, by the time you read this it will probably be 15 days to go!

    wow! see how quickly that one day went? ;)

    ReplyDelete