Monday, December 10, 2007

Probably I won't knit this, but...



But I am tempted!

Not for me, for my Dad, who grew up in New York City and is a civil engineer and why wouldn't he need a Brooklyn Bridge scarf?

Well, for one thing, he lives in Florida.

Hmmm. So probably not. But isn't it fun? Or funny? Or both?

It's from Son of Stitch'n Bitch. I saw this pattern mentioned in a review, and got the book out of the library to see what was involved. I haven't done double knitting before, so I'd want to try it in a smaller project before diving into this, but before I go there, there's just no getting around the fact that my parents live in Florida, and Dad does not need a nice, warm, double-knit scarf, no matter how a propos. It's only funny for that first moment of opening, and then what would he do with it?

2 comments:

  1. He would take it to a framer who would properly mount it for display. I know such a framer but she lives in upstate New York, nowhere near your family.

    Your dad would probably appreciate a print of the pattern just as much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that is a dilemma. A very cool scarf, indeed, but as you said. Um. Maybe cross-stitch a version? Although it's a little late to be starting for this Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete