Thursday, December 13, 2007

A New Record for My Commute

Well, today's storm was going to be a small one a day or two ago, they thought, but yesterday they started talking about 6 to 12 inches. Oh, guck. So today at work, those of us who could, left early with stuff to do at home.

I left at 1:15. It had only been snowing less than an hour, so you would have thought that would be enough.

Well, no.

My commute takes 25 minutes outside rush hour, and usually runs 30 to 45 minutes. Today, I would have expected it to be perhaps double, but instead it was three hours.

Yes, I got home at 4:15, and need I add I was in no mood to work? (I did, of course, after some kitty time, but really.)

We all heard about the storm, so why did the people in charge of plowing and sanding not get the memo? The roads were terrible, every one, back road and highway, and I didn't see a plow until I was almost home. Well, that's not quite true, I saw plenty of vehicles with plows on their fronts, but none of them were plowing. Terrible!

And there's more coming this weekend. Oh, joy. As someone said to me recently, why do you live here?

1 comment:

  1. It was stinky here in North Central Mass too. I traveled from Leominster to Athol on Rt. 2, leaving work at 12:50 (it had been snowing & accumulating about 45 minutes at that point). I saw one group of plows, sitting on the side of Rt. 2 in Athol. I was fortunate since it only took 90 minutes instead of 45. Monday should be a real trip!

    ReplyDelete