Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A new twist on political candidates, and brrr

On the radio yesterday morning, I heard two DJs discussing an unusual aspect of politics. They were opening the phones for a discussion of whether you would be more likely to vote for a candidate who could fly.

Like Superman. You know. Superpowers.

So, okay, this is a rock/alternative station, and thus not a really serious political discussion. But hey, they were talking politics! They did specify that the candidate would have no other superpowers, just flight, and though I didn't hear anyone calling in (I got to work before they returned to the topic), one of them mentioned that he had watched recent coverage of one of the candidates who didn't impress him, and how he didn't think his feelings would change if that one could fly.

Such a funny way of looking at it, don't you think?

The weather lately is getting on my nerves. I'm not a big fan of winter, and although snow in December isn't unheard of around here, it's supposed to melt in a day, two at the most, not linger getting grayer and more dingy. Instead, it has stayed freezing effing cold, and it's still icy and dangerous* underfoot in plenty of places, and yuck, me no likey.

*Two of my neighbors have fallen in recent days, I learned at tonight's condo meeting. One is afraid she broke her elbow, though as she said, "I'd know if it was broken, right?" I would have thought so, but what do I know?

What doesn't help is that we're having some sort of problem with the heat, and while it isn't broken (thank heavens, as it drops into the 20s), it is very, very chilly in here. For a residence, anyway. Not warm enough for me, anyway. We have someone coming to check it out, but until then, brrr.

Off to watch the rest of the Bruins game. Oh, let them hold onto that lead!

1 comment:

  1. Unless the candidate was offering to fly into zones of conflict in order to effect a truce or rescue, I cannot see how that would help my vote. Then again, that power would be so much more effective (IMHO) outside of the oval office, that I would wonder why they chose something that would actively inhibit the use of those powers...

    Sorry about the Bruins...

    ReplyDelete