Thursday, September 05, 2024

More Movie Ratings (part two)

And here is the second part of the movie rating catch-up, as promised.

The minion one, not surprising, but the second part made me laugh!

Ohhh-kay then.


Not a surprise, I guess.

But which meaning of dirty?

Good one.

Can violence be snide? Discuss.

You need to think of the Boston accent for that first part.

Again, sound like an R rating.


Makes a difference, I guess.

Irish rap?

Scary accents? Huh?

Well, okay, I won't be going to that one.

Oh, no thank you.

Looking on the bright side!

I don't mind profanity...gore depends...but the first part is a definite no.

Simple and to the point.

Hmm!

Did anyone see this? Want to weigh in?

Zero stars! And yet someone I know (but not well) posted on FB about how much she enjoyed it. Perhaps it's one of those where it really depends on the audience.

And again with the simple note. I guess I should say that most of these ratings are funny, but not all of them!

9 comments:

  1. Lots of profanity in films these days. I did see My Penguin Friend and would give it a higher rating than that. It was sad in parts but not supposed to be a Disney movie. Wait, even Disney movie almost always include death of a parent, peril, evil people and other scary stuff. I guess we can't escape it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Disney movies are awful for scary parts! And killing off parents is practically a requirement.

      Delete
  2. How do you get just a basic "profanity"? It must be a boring movie, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this out of four stars or five? I found Longlegs disappointing. But I saw Blink Twice knowing nothing about it and I thought it was brilliant. I saw a preview for Cuckoo and it looked promising. Horror movies are really having a moment, it seems.
    Can violence be snide? Most things in a Deadpool movie are, except for when they're suddenly warm and fuzzy. This was my least favourite of the three, but still enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to be 4, I've never seen more than that. I feel like horror is big these days in both movies and books. I'm too squeamish for the heavy horror, though.
      You make me want to see a Deadpool movie!

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the title of the Haitian one was a riff on Mountains Beyond Mountains, about Paul Farmer's work bringing medical care to Haiti. Thank you for the heads up--my older son is a movie buff and is, or at least was, fluent in Haitian Creole. (It was easy to pick up after learning French.) I'll have to mention it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone is having fun writing these reviews! And, I'm laughing that Reagan got zero stars... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete