Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Updates: Spam, and Eyes

Good News: Less Spam

I wanted to mention that after several months of waves of email spam, my filter is suddenly catching the previous-normal amount again. I open Gmail and instead of having 100+ spam messages, there are 2, or 4, or 1. It's just as mysterious, but a lot less annoying. I mean, that's roughly three months of deluge and then it stops like a tap was turned off? Weird.

Even Better News: Eyes

I mentioned that I was trying a new brand of multifocal contact lenses--well, maybe not new, but newly available in the -11.50 and -10.50 that my eyes need--and that they looked (ha, punny) promising. And guess what, they are!

That is a year's supply of them. It seems like a huge stack to me, because I've always worn monthly lenses: I took them out every night, but wore the same pair for a month, which means a year's supply fit in one hand. These are daily-wear lenses, which means a lot of bigger boxes.

They're also much more expensive than the ones I wore before, like four or five times the cost. But with the old ones, I was cursing my vision and grabbing reading glasses many times every day, and with these, I'm not, which is a huge difference to my quality of life. I still need readers sometimes, for especially small print or in low lighting, but the difference is tremendous, and I'm grateful that this is an expense I can afford.

Party time! I can see!

2 comments:

  1. I have daily contacts, although I only wear them a few times a week. I bought four boxes last year (fortunately for me, both of my eyes have the same prescription) and I'm only now getting to the end of them. They are super expensive though. The biggest problem I have with them is that they sometimes roll up in my eyes, usually after I've rubbed at my eyes, and they are super hard to find once they aren't in the right position. I just have to be super conscientious not to rub at my eyes or let them get too dry when I have contacts in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting waves of spam texts, and I really wish I could find a reliable way to block them before they get to me.

    ReplyDelete