Friday, May 20, 2022

Plans and Plans

Travel Pre-plans

I'm going to visit friends for a few days in late June, and this week my brain suddenly pointed out that I will need a good travel knitting project for that, what should it be, time to look through patterns and stash and hurry up now.

Now, first of all, I don't leave for five weeks. Second, I haven't come near finishing the Close to You shawl (shown here), and it fits the bill pretty well for travel/social knitting. Third, hi, I was working when this alarm went off in my head, I was supposed to be thinking about the epidemiology of AMD, not yarn and patterns. 

Sheesh, brain. Chill for a bit.

Best-Laid Plans

1. I had planned to join a friend yesterday afternoon for a Thai cooking class, but just after I left the house to drive there, I got a call from someone there asking why I hadn't been at the class at 10 that morning. I said, no, I signed up for the 4 o'clock class, and he said that the class had been cancelled and rescheduled "a few weeks ago" and I should have seen an email to that effect. Well, I didn't! (And, it turns out, neither did my friend.) He said they would refund my charge, which yes you will thanks, and I tried to be grateful that he called at all, before I drove an hour each way only to hear that news. But I was looking forward to that class, darn it.

2. I went to water aerobics this morning, which is something I haven't been doing a lot lately, so yay me. But halfway through the class, the lifeguard told us we had to get out of the pool, as there was lightning 8 miles away. This wasn't a shock, as it had been getting ominously cloudy in one direction, and half a class is better than none, but still. Then I did a 15-minute stretch class at lunchtime, and my back is very very grouchy about All This Exercise Nonsense, Are You Crazy or Something. 

Like cats, you can't expect backs to understand that something is good for them in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't drive two hours and possibly aggravate your back for such a disappointment but I'm quite sorry you didn't get to have your class--it sounds quite interesting.

    That reminds me--lie down, arms out, knees brought up tight and then over to one side and then the other, slowly--I need to do some of those exercises too.

    ReplyDelete