Thursday, June 20, 2019

Maggie Stories

The other night, Maggie came along to where I was sitting on the couch, with an afghan on my lap. She has curled up in this blanket about a thousand times, but that night, she was having none of it. She walked from the arm of the couch onto my chest (ow), and stood there until I pushed the blanket down, so she could get directly onto my lap.
Where she proceeded to stand, kneading her claws (that need trimming, again ouch) for a few minutes.
Before she finally settled down into a good lap position.
Weirdo.

Last night, she was on the footstool in front of me, giving me a good look at her pretty, pretty fur. She even held still long enough to let me get a non-blurry photo.
So it cut off half her head; it's in focus, damn it.

She got on my lap again later, while I was watching the NHL Awards.
And thus was available to console me when Bergeron did not win the Selke. Oh well.
As she would remind me, I have a cat.
That should be enough joy for any person.
Though she is modest, she just has to say it.
She is a beautiful girl.

2 comments:

  1. She is a very prettuy girl, and I wish I could pet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, she should be enough consolation for not getting the Selke. She is a lovely girl and she admonishes you to not forget how very lucky you are she chose you.

    ReplyDelete