Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Yes, I KNOW. Yarn.

The irony does not escape me. Truly, it doesn't. I am packing and preparing and winnowing my belongings, very much including the yarn, and yet I went yarn shopping yesterday. It's nonsensical!

And yet. I am moving where Webs will not be a 2-hour drive away. And I had a gift certificate. I wanted to take it there and have one more plunge into Webs before I move. (And I do mean plunge; my post about first visiting there, ten years ago, is a bit overwhelmed, though that was also when the Yarn Harlot was there, so it was quite a day.)

So even though I got rid of another large bag of yarn today*, it was not out of guilt over yesterday.
*I can't find if I wrote about it, but I purged two such bags in November.

But I brought home this soft-rainbow-like skein of sock yarn:

And this, also sock yarn, and more blue-green-purple than it came out here:

And this lovely, silly little skein of laceweight silk/alpaca, which kind of glows.


Finally (other than the mug, and knitting needles I mentioned), I got the Gleener, which I have read good things about. It's supposed to do less damage than other methods of pill removal. We shall see.

Not even into triple digits, and then the gift card. Not to mention a fun day with a friend, before I move. Win-win.

There are reasons why I will be sorry to move, this sort of thing among them, but the decision is made and I am not second-guessing it, really. I am just so ready for it to be over. I woke up at 3:30 this morning, went to the bathroom, got back into bed ... tossed and turned and thought about packing until 5, when I gave up and got up for the day. Trust me, I needed those three more hours of sleep.

2 comments:

  1. That's really pretty yarn. I used some Malabrigo baby alpaca silk last week with another strand in cashmere and the Malabrigo's color and silk really made it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it would be sad to move from a place you've spent so much time in and NOT miss some things about it. Good with the bad, you know?

    ReplyDelete