Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Briefly, on Those Bags

I mentioned, when I got some books recently, that I also bought some of a new-to-me type of reusable bag, and I just wanted to make a note of what I think of them.

I got these because I was looking for bags that actually stand up when you're loading them, in stead of sagging down and being annoying; I bought three of them, and this is a photo showing two of them, still flat, in the third bag, as it is opened.
Notes:

  • The bags really do stand up when opened.
  • They hold a pretty good amount, as much as I would want them to (or they would be too heavy to carry comfortably), and seem sturdy. Time will tell how well they last, of course.
  • The fold-down bottom flap makes them a little heavier than I was expecting, but I think it's a worthwhile trade-off.
  • I find the handles a little annoying to wrangle, but it's probably just because they're different, and I'm not used to them yet.
  • They flatten down pretty nicely to store.
  • When you first buy them, do as I say and not as I did, and notice those little plastic clips holding them closed. I didn't see them, and pulled the bag open. They both broke and pieces flew everywhere, and one piece went bouncing off my forehead. I feel lucky that it didn't get me in the eye.
  • I bought the ones from Planet E because those had been recommended to me, but there are others on Amazon (and doubtless elsewhere) that appear identical, and are cheaper, FYI.
  • They make insulated ones, too, so when my current insulated bags (which are fairly new) start to go, I will plan to get some of these, and enjoy the stand-and-be-loaded use.

No comments:

Post a Comment