Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sleepy, Sporty Sunday

I've been watching sports most of the day; I woke up with a slight headache, and though it eventually went away, it left me feeling very low energy. Kind of a mini headache hangover. Happily, there was a non-Bruins hockey game on at noon, Olympics all afternoon, and there's a Bruins game tonight--which they had better win, damn it, they lost to Buffalo last night. Buffalo! How embarrassing for the number three team in the league standings to be beaten by the 30th. I expect more tonight.

Anyway, I've been watching, and I've been knitting, and a friend shared this story about that overlap, with the wonderful headline, "Finnish snowboarding coach was casually knitting during competition"--I love it.

Do you watch the Olympics? I do (I mean, clearly). I watch things I would never otherwise have an interest in. I don't watch everything, and a week from now, I will no doubt be flipping channels and grumbling about the options, but somehow it draws me in. I will of course watch hockey games when I can see them, and I love the figure skating, but I also end up watching more skiing and ski jumping, speed skating, luge, and snowboarding than I do in the four years between the winter games put together.

If you don't care about the Olympics, what about my last post: Have you weighed in on what you're nerdy about? I love the answers so far. Give me more!

No comments:

Post a Comment