Thursday, November 08, 2012

Sigh. But No Headache!

No headache tonight, or just barely, hurray, and I was able to get myself on the bike again; I haven't made it the last two nights, what with the head, after having done five out of six days in a row before that. Trying to keep that (little bit of) momentum going! In addition to staying on tonight (duh), I did a couple of short (like thirty second) bursts of higher speed. It seemed like varying intensity might help? I don't really know. My quads are certainly mouthing off about the extra work. Do you have an opinion? Yes, you, in the back? What do you think? Oh, "it depends"? Anyone have anything useful to add?

I sure don't like riding it, though. It takes both knitting and something on TV to distract me from how little I like it. I started another sock, to keep on the machine and eliminate the "I don't have any knitting handy" excuse before it starts. Nice small project, new non-dull needles, and lovely yarn. Remember this?
Of course you do! I bought it when I went to DC in the spring of 2011. Remember? Oh, don't worry, it's a bit of a blur to me, too. In fact, I was just re-reading the entry and, if I may quote myself, I was talking about the Wegmans coming to Northborough! "I'll go if I'm out that way, but not regularly. Maybe on the way back from Webs!" How funny that the thought occurred to me as if for the first time recently, but clearly, not. Meanwhile, the knitting is moving slowly along, and with the yarn in a project bag hanging from the handlebar, no repeat of the yarn-bounce-drop-tangle episode.

Exercise. Sigh.

Yesterday's snow didn't turn out to be all that much around here. There was at most an inch on the ground this morning, though closer to three inches to clear off the car.

Winter. Sigh. Already, this is what I would like to say to some people:

No comments:

Post a Comment