Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Futzing Is Called For, Unfortunately

I was knitting away on Grandma's Christmas present tonight--almost done, alllllmost done--and I started to hear that voice at the back of my head. You know, that quiet little uh-oh voice that you try to ignore when trouble is coming?

I ignored it, so it morphed into the Yarn Harlot's voice, from when she reads her book Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off:
I was wishing for "only inches of yarn left", but I could hear the surfer voice saying, "Flame Out!"
The yarn would be enough if I just had to knit across, but the stitches on the left needle are, by the pattern, picked up at a rate of one per two rows, and there's nothing like enough for that. So, we will just have to go off-pattern for the finish.

Not tonight, though. Grump.

Probably a good thing that there was a box from Harbor Sweets waiting for me tonight! I like to have something good to think about when I go to sleep, and the knitting isn't it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment