Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Report: Of Ups and Downs

Well, it's been quite a busy day around here, and some of us are in recovery mode.

Himself:

And behind him, herself:

She is on high alert today, and I can't exactly blame her, as catching her for the vet went very poorly. I think we just got lucky last year. Next year, the vet says, I should put her in the bathroom before the appointment time, so we won't have to chase. (Of course, I'll still have to chase her, I suppose.)

There was, happily, no bad news from the visit, pending the blood test results for Carlos's potassium levels. Which will be good, I have spoken. But there was another casualty of the day, I am sad to say.


A hole, in the heel of the sock. Very sad. I only finished them in April of last year. These days I air-dry all the hand-knit socks, but I didn't used to; maybe that would have extended their life. Or maybe the hybrid pattern mix I used left me with a heel that wasn't strong enough. Whatever the reason, it makes me sad.

Making me happy, though, is that I found a purse I like! My old one was wearing out, and I was having such trouble finding a replacement that I actually liked. My mother suggested I try Wilson Leather, so yesterday I went to the outlet in Wrentham, and rather to my own surprise picked up this:


It's the right size, the right strap length, and while I kept expecting to change my mind about all the colors, well, I like them.

Plus, it even goes with my sock knitting bag!


There was a patch of slow traffic on the way, and I got to see some cars up close, over and over. Like this surprising* Nordiques fan:
*The team moved to Colorado in 1995!

And a fellow crafter, if not a knitter:

Even better, on the way home was a great sunset sky.

2 comments:

  1. So, are you going to darn the sock or damn it to future felting & use as a coaster? I've gained a couple of coasters that way when the darn wore out after a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will always be the Nordiques in the hearts of Quebec peeps. I have searched all over for thier merchandise for friends.

    ReplyDelete