Friday, September 16, 2011

Ah, the Joys of Being a Woman

funny pictures - Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Some cycles are mild, and then some (even on the miracle pill) have me stifling groans all the first day or so. Guess which this one is?

Yup, that's right. Oooohhhhhhhhhhhh. Ooof.

But not all is lost. I recently read The Little Lady Agency after Kate mentioned it, and no surprise, she was right. Very good quality chick lit! I have to get the next one from the library now, but here's my point: Melissa has a habit of finding the three best things about a given person or situation, which reminded me of how I sometimes get in bed and try to think of the three best things about my day, in order to fall asleep on happy thoughts. So, here we are for today:
  1. It's finally Friday, and I didn't even have to work late tonight. Weekend!
  2. I tried a salted caramel mocha frap' at Starbucks this morning, and it was good! I actually like the regular caramel ones better than mocha; I wonder if they'd put the salted caramel topping on a regular frap'? Mmm.
  3. Codeine, and how it doesn't need a prescription when you're in Canada. I'm not sure I'd have been able to work today without it. I'm not overdosing: the bottle says no more than ten in a day, and I've had 8. But some months I don't need any, so that's still a sign. Not the good kind of sign.
Anyone else want to play?

1 comment:

  1. I second the giant BOOOOOOO to PMS this week.

    I'm interested to see what you think of the second book. Most likely yours will not be scribbled on with blue crayon and all wavy from being obviously soaked at one point, so that will not take away from your enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete