Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just a growing teaser

Not a proper post, but look: growth! Remember the peas I planted on Memorial Day? (That's May 28, for my non-American friends.) From this:


to this:


in just over two weeks! I think they like me. And they're even flowering, the little dears.


How happy does that make me, I ask you.

And Monica, the tree I previously posted photos of that you were admiring is a black locust, by the way. It turns out that my coworker has one at home, and knew all about it. (The things I know nothing of are legion.)

1 comment:

  1. Whooo, great on your peas! Go, little peas, go! Good on ya, you must have the touch.

    Thanks much for asking your coworker about the black locust! The info was really interesting. (Hey, I knew zip about it too, remember? [g]) Such gorgeous flowers those were. If I've ever seen any around town, I sure don't remember. Too bad, because they'd add some nice variety. We have so many rhodies and azaleas that it gets darned boring. I can see about 8 or so in the 2-block walk to my little corner store. Now multiply that by the entire city, it seems like. I think we need some black locusts!

    We had some trees on the farm we moved to when I was a teen that, after reading up on locusts, must've been honey locust trees. Supposed to have similar flowers. But ours didn't even get close to your black locust; only a few small blooms here and there. Maybe they just didn't like Oregon!

    ReplyDelete