Saturday, September 09, 2006

mostly knitting content

Yes, deep into knitting, here, as it beats thinking about the condo before it's at all certain. The current state of the condo is this: the Purchase and Sale agreement has yet to be signed. It was to have been signed yesterday (I was an English major and I don't even know what tense that is), but got extended to Monday while the lawyers hammer out the language. We were laughing about this at work yesterday: my people were waiting to hear from their people. My people ... I have people! Weird. Anyway, once we sign the P&S, I'll feel more secure, and when the mortgage is confirmed, that will be good too (I don't even know when that will be, but in the next week or two maybe). Then, closing, currently scheduled for the end of October, and that's the Big One.

But you can see why I'd rather think about knitting. Yesterday I worked on that first triangle shawl a bit, but last night I started a new scarf, called Ruffles, from the book Scarf Style. You can see why I say I have knitting ADD, can't you? I also realized last night that I hadn't quite finished the last legwarmer, though it was almost done, so I finished that this morning. Cross one off the list! So, here's what I have going now:

1. The triangle shawl
2. Ruffles (anyone else find themselves thinking, "Ruffles have ridges"?)
3. An ongoing project from last winter, knitting 8x8 squares with letters of the alphabet, with a vague plan to join them into a blanket. Or something. I've been distracted from them for a while. But they still count! Emergency backup knitting.

Honestly, I think that's it, and I was just rooting through my knitting storage to get all my needles into one place, so I don't think there's anything hiding. If there is, oh well, it will be a pleasant surprise.

It's nice out today, and I'm going out for lunch and shopping with friends (mostly window shopping for me, I'm trying to save my pennies for the condo). Tonight, I have to watch the start of the Red Sox game, and before you say it, no, I haven't switched from hockey to baseball. Guess who's throwing out the first pitch at tonight's game? Patrice Bergeron. Training camp starts in a week, whew, at last.

Finally: happy birthday, brother! You wear it well. Scritch the furballs for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment