Thursday, September 07, 2006

In the midst of chaos, accomplishment

The condo roller coaster goes up and down, and my mood mirrors it, but in the meantime, I knit, and today I finished ... the second sock! It's a pair! I'm so proud. I kitchenered the toe at lunch, with an interested knitter colleague watching intently, and it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. And I do! In fact, I'm wearing them now, and they're warm!

Granted, the first sock is, well, let's call it relaxed fit. Okay, so it bags at the ankle. It's a first sock, and I'm still proud of it. I am considering framing it, and knitting a third sock to match the second sock, which fits pretty well. To be honest, though, I'm a little sick of this yarn right now, so I won't do that right away. It is a future possibility. I bought three balls of the yarn, and each sock took just under one ball, so I have enough yarn. We'll see. After all, no matter how much work I have to do around the house before I move (lots), I can still knit at lunch when I'm at work, so I won't be completely knit-free as I plan to move.

And speaking of planning to move, I'm purging, and tonight I started looking through (gasp) the books. There are some I can stand to part with--in fact, it's a surprisingly big pile--so local friends, if you're looking for something to read, get in touch soon and you can come over and shop amongst the castoffs. There are some good books in there, that I've decided I can get from the library if I want to read again: Linda Barnes, Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich, even a few duplicate Dick Francis titles, to name only a few. Shop early and often!

No comments:

Post a Comment