Sunday, September 20, 2026

Hey, You, Have an Opinion on Water Bottles?

Every time I glance out my office window, and see what the elevator workers left behind, I feel either very sad, or incredibly angry.
Which accomplishes nothing. My feelings about this limbo situation change nothing.

I spent some time this weekend trying not to think about it. At first I thought I would work on my packing list for my trip next month, but I was hit with a wave of despair at the idea of packing and carrying everything downstairs, again, which made it an unsuccessful diversion. So I did what knitters do, and turned to knitting.

I'm currently working on a big project, Noncho by Casapinka, and it's going well. Here it is, two weeks ago:

But it has several hundred stitches per round (shown here with markers for counting to check my stitch count):


And right now, I wanted something smaller and quicker, so I pulled out this yarn:
And started a hat.
I know, that doesn't really look like a hat. This pattern starts with a sort of headband, which gets folded over to cover the ears double thick, and then you pick up stitches for the top. 
So far, so good!

Now, on to the question I put in the title of this post. I want to get a new insulated water bottle that is between the sizes of the two I have. 

The Bruins one is a Tervis stainless that holds 24 ounces, and it is super-well insulated. I drink from it at home, not bothering with the top, and what is left in the bottle at night is cool or even cold the next morning, depending on the ice-to-water ratio.

The smaller one is an Igloo, and holds 12 ounces. It is decently insulated, but if the top is not on, the water will not be cold overnight. 

So, what I want:

  • somewhere in the range of 16-20 ounces
  • completely leakproof
  • ideally has a wide mouth for putting in ice cubes
  • really keeps water cold
  • easy to clean is also a plus
I don't object to some of the ones I've seen marketed for kids: I don't need a Serious Grown-Up Style bottle, I just want one that works, in that general size area.

There are SO many brands out there, ones I've heard of and ones I haven't, so I thought I would ask the crowd: any thoughts? Definitely do or definitely don't? 

No comments:

Post a Comment