Sunday, September 13, 2026

Chills; Another Step Toward Elevation

Spoke too soon about the vaccine aftereffects: mid-afternoon Saturday, I got the chills so badly that bundling up on the couch wasn't enough, I burrito-ed myself into bed in the fetal position until I warmed up. But other than swollen lymph nodes under that arm, which has happened to me after most if not all covid shots, I'm doing okay today, in a low-key, hanging out way.

Meanwhile! We have been told that the elevator work will start on Monday or Tuesday! We all seem to be in the mindset of "that would be nice, if it works out to be true," which I think is fair given how many delays have been part of this saga. At least, we're trying not to count on it. I know that I will be a wreck if anything else goes wrong, no matter how many times I tell myself not to count on it. I just keep thinking, maybe, maybe? 

I have climbed* more than 900 flights of stairs since May 7. I am so ready to be done with the stairs. 
*Do you still say 'climbed' if it's down? Do we climb down the stairs, or only climb up? I think my grip on English is loose today.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! I was sort of hoping to hear "the COVID shot is no big deal" this year!! I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete