On Wednesday afternoon, there was (finally, finally) a sign of progress on the elevator. A truck was parked in the lot, workers were unloading supplies from a trailer, and most promising of all:
Blocked off elevator access.
I am was thrilled to think that we may (finally, finally) see the elevator fixed. But that doesn't mean that I won't be skeptical until the day the thing works, and it also doesn't mean that I won't complain about the noise of the work.
It's worth it! Truly, it is! But oh ye gods and little fishes, is it loud.
Well, that was then, this is now. I wrote that on Wednesday, and the workers were here Thursday, but on Friday morning, the trailer was gone, and I heard from the condo board that the workers found more damage. The company is working on an "estimate and timeline of the additional repairs."
It broke May 7.
More than four months ago.
And now? Who knows.
I'm torn between crying and screaming.
Neither would do any good.

I was on the board at a community center in my town for a while. Our elevator was not our largest expense (that was personnel), but it was DEFINITELY our biggest maintenance expense AND WE HAD TO REPLACE THE ENTIRE ROOF at one point. We had a monthly elevator maintenance package (I don't know if they still do). Anyway, if you need a whole new elevator, it's going to be SO EXPENSIVE. Have you considered moving? (I don't even know if I'm joking with that question.)
ReplyDeleteI think your building might actually be cursed. Can you remind me what floor you're on? And also, like Engie said, have you considered moving???
ReplyDelete