Friday, October 13, 2023

Good and Bad

The good news is that Mom is doing really well, and is coming home this weekend. Yay! She is so much more mobile than last time, it's amazing. 

The bad news is that our internet went out yesterday, and the next appointment available is Wednesday. Six damned days later! They think this is acceptable! Oh, they'll let me know if they have anything before then, how nice of them....not so much.

Even more annoying, no internet means no TV, so unless by some miracle they come tomorrow (this is me, not holding my breath), I won't be able to watch the Bruins game. Just the second game of the season, before they head to California and start the next few games at 10:30 at night...damn it.

This company sucks so much. Avoid Summit Broadband if ever you can.

Maggie is very upset for me, of course.



4 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry about your internet. That's really unacceptable in this day and age, given how many people rely on it for WORK! Glad your mom is doing well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't have internet, I would lose my mind! How are you getting work done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your mom! I'm sure she couldn't wait to be home, and to be doing better is wonderful. Sorry about the 'net--but I'm glad you were able to still post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof. It's crazy how much we all need the internet for both work and recreation. My internet went down for an hour today and I was LOST. I had work to do...I couldn't do?! In the end I used my phone's data as a hotspot, but...internet is basically a necessity in the modern era.

    ReplyDelete