Wednesday, October 18, 2023

A Step Backwards

After six long days without internet (and therefore without TV, if you want to consider how I felt having watched one Bruins game in the new season and then getting cut off)(seriously, Saturday night I was listening to the game on the radio, through my phone, for effs sake), after six long days, I say, the tech from Summit Broadband showed up today.

He did this and that. He replaced the wall box. He was on the phone with someone most of the time.

He got the internet working!!! And the heavens parted and I heard angels singing!

But then he said he had to take it down for a few minutes. 

And then he came out and said, quote, "our system just took a dump." 

And he gave me a ticket number, said someone would be calling me on the land line, stood around looking very uncomfortable while I tried not to cry, and left.

NOT ONLY THAT. But a while later I checked the land line, and it isn't working. 

IT ISN'T WORKING. 

The ONLY thing that was working, now isn't working. 

So I called again, to explain with voice only slightly raised that if anyone actually did try to call, not that I'm holding my breath, they wouldn't get through on the land line because now THAT doesn't work.

The rep tried to look up the status of the ticket, but said it was in a system he can't access, so he sent a message to dispatch to ask for an update. He also tried sending a reset signal to the box, which they all try and it never works, and what a surprise, it didn't work.

He said he is working until 9 tonight and will call me if he gets an update.

Then he said, as I know he is required to, "Thank you for calling Summit Broadband, is there anything else I can help you with," and I actually laughed, and said:

"Since every piece of equipment we have from Summit is not working, no, there's nothing else."

FFS.

If he calls, I will be shocked. 

Fucking Summit Broadband. 

#summitbroadbandsucks 

5 comments:

  1. Noooooooooo!!!!! I am so sorry to hear this! This is so infuriating and maddening and awful! I would be in tears, too. Oh, how I hope this is rectified soon. So sorry you are enduring this yuck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what drives me crazy: "Then he said, as I know he is required to, "Thank you for calling Summit Broadband, is there anything else I can help you with" - I've had this experience two or three times in the last month and I want to bang my head against a wall. I called for help, you couldn't help me...THERE IS NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO.

    Sigh. I'm frustrated for you; hoping this gets resolved ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry. Tell them you want your bill pro-rated for every bit of time they would otherwise bill you for during which their equipment didn't work. At least in California they can't bill you for time they didn't give, but I would think that's got to be a Federal law, not just state. Document it all (if it's worth the hassle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Wishing Blogger would save my name there.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How ridiculously awful. If that happened here, where I live, there would be nothing I could do either because our ISP has a monopoly here. They are the only provider. No competition always means lousy service. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete