Sunday, June 19, 2022

Warning: This Gets a Little Gross

Graphic Language Warning:

In one sense, cursing, like when I say I got my fucking period again and I am fucking pissed, goddammit!

In another sense of graphic, saying I am so sick of tampons and pads and mess and ow and yuck.

Just at the end of my rope with this shit, frankly.

By Tuesday night, it seemed that this damned unwelcome period was winding down, and there was nothing happening first thing Wednesday morning, but then it came roaring back in, to my considerable irritation. And I do mean irritation: the hormones surging around had me limp as a wet rag, and tired, and so, so easily irritated. My god, do I hate this shit.

Thursday really was the end, finally, and I once again packed the supplies out of the way, and went back to un-menstruating life. But not without giving the general situation some serious side-eye.

I'm just so over it. I am 53 years old, 54 in October. I have never used my reproductive system, and I ain't starting now. I'm on birth control! Which for me is period control, for all this awfulness. And even so, for the second time this year. Ugh.

Anyway. No response required, I just needed to vent. And that's one of the things a blog is good for!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry to hear! I'm sure it will be a relief when it's all in the rearview mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the frequency greatly sped up for me and that that was a sign of its being almost, almost over. They did tell me I had fibroids but to wait it out rather than go through surgery.

    Speaking of which (soapbox alert), the standard surgery for awhile was with morcellation--which the FDA yanked recommendation for except under the most zebra circumstances, although that's what a lot of OBs were trained to use and some still do. What it does it effectively blenderize the fibroid. Sounds good, right? A doctor in NY had an undiagnosed cancer that that instantly turned into Stage 4, and she and her husband campaigned hard against that machine before she died.

    All of which is to say, should you ever decide to go the route of surgery, or know anyone considering it, make sure the surgeon knows morcellation is not acceptable. I told a niece about this and she had quite a back-and-forth with the doctor who had been adamant that that's just how you do it.

    Not to me, was her response.

    ReplyDelete