Sunday, June 05, 2022

Knit Switch

I finished a sock recently.


It's the first of a pair, and I'm very happy with the lovely yarn (Knit One, Crochet Too Crock-O-Dye, which has a touch of silk, in color Seaglass), but I didn't cast on for the second one yet. And no, it's not second sock syndrome.

Instead, I pulled out this nice rainbow yarn from Urth:


I like to celebrate Pride Month with my knitting. It's not as soft as the Crock-O-Dye, but I like the statement of it.

I also pulled out this lovely skein of rainbow from Gauge Dyeworks:




But I haven't started anything with it yet. I just want something simple, that will show the stripes to advantage, but I can't decide on a pattern, and the one I liked the most of those I looked at, Wave by Ewelina Murach, is on Ravelry but isn't available to buy, there or anywhere else, as far as I can tell. I emailed the designer, and will give her some time to reply before I make myself let go of the idea and choose something else.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, pretty! Love the socks and the yarn.

    As for the pattern: that's a combination of (squinting) garter? And Barbara Walker's Seafoam pattern, which made me chuckle at the name of the sock colorway. In case you have her treasuries.

    Sorry about my email. The resident geek hopes to get to it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete