Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Big Yarn Reveal

This happened to pop up in my Facebook memories yesterday: 

And not only did it make me laugh, but it's quite opportune, since Monday's mail brought All the Things (including one order I wasn't even sure had shipped yet), and this is no longer accurate:
Because all the yarn is in my present! It is now! Let me show you what I've been up to with the rest of my birthday money.

First, this actually came last week, a skein of the Rhinebeck Rainbow colorway from White Birch that I coveted at the festival last year, but did not buy then (photo down near the end of this post).

So lovely! I shared the pictures to the Virtual Rhinebeck group on Facebook, and almost 200 people have liked the post, so that's kind of crazy. In a good way.

What else? Well, how about some ModeKnit yarn? I was very sorry to hear that Annie Modesitt had died recently, and thought that buying some yarn would be an appropriate remembrance. (I didn't know her, but when you've read someone's blog forever, you start to feel like you do.)
So I got this, which is ModeSock Flow, a fingering weight yarn, in colorway Cote d'Azur.
With a fun note on the label.
I stopped in my LYS recently, and came out with a little yarn. I mean, if I want the store to survive, I have to contribute.
Two balls of Juniper Moon's Findley DK, which is half wool half silk, in a lovely blue (I know: me and blue).
Very soft and pretty.

Next? That would be a Rhinebeck purchase, four colors of Bugga (with cashmere!) from Dragonfly Fibers.
Glorious! I have two shawl patterns in mind as possibles, and there may even be enough yarn to do both of them.

Next, more Rhinebeck, in the form of some alpaca from Snowshoe Farm Alpacas, two skeins that I ordered and a small bonus skein that they threw in!
Since my aunt often buys me alpaca yarn at Apple Festival for my birthday, this seemed like a good way to use the birthday money she sent me. Though hopefully next year, we will be back at the festival together, choosing yarn!

Then, last Thursday night, I placed a little order at Eat Sleep Knit, and to my amazement, received it on Monday as well. That's a quick turnaround!

Three skeins of Amy March DK from Yarn Love, in the colorway Worsted Witch Cottage (Lot B).
Just so pretty.
And I unwound one skein, since they're pretty tightly twisted, and it's so soft and squishy that way.
Then another skein of the fabulous String Theory Continuum, in colorway Trifolium:
With the perfect matching stitch marker!

There! Are you wondering just how much yarn I ended up buying over the last month? Well, here you go:
Enough that it's awkward to lift the tub of it. It's kind of ridiculous, but as my mother points out, it's 2020. If you can do something and it makes you happy, go for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the yarn and please tell your mom I adore her. She's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete