Monday, July 06, 2020

Yeah, Yarn

More and more, this pin speaks the truth to/for/of me.
About a month ago, I was perusing a list of Black-owned yarn companies/stores/dyers, and found a new-to-me one in the UK called Third Vault Yarns. I wandered around the website and fell in love with this one skein: the online equivalent of not being able to put it down at a yarn store or festival. Had to have it, ordered it, waited--understandably, it being far away and all; I was only impatient because I wanted to see it in person. 

Also, their website is the kind that only shows available yarns, which is totally fine--it can be frustrating to look through a website only to see lots of 'not available' and 'sold out' yarns (my ideal shopping experience shows everything, but also allow you to filter to only show what's currently available)--but it meant that I couldn't exactly remember what the one I ordered looked like! So I waited and hoped I could trust my own taste, basically.

Finally, the day arrived.
The base is called 4ply sock, and this is the colorway It's the Eyes (which is currently available again).
Yes, I can trust my taste. It's the loveliest pastel rainbow colors, 100% merino, very soft.

I'm super happy with it!

And, going back to that first photo ... yes, more yarn to come. More and more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment