Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Yarny Yarny Yarn

As a small update to the "the roofers are gone!" post, we have been told that they still have a few days' work to do. But the truck is still gone, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Further updates, etcetera.

On to yarn. I have an interesting example of why you're supposed to buy enough yarn for your project all at once. See these two?
In the same family, but not the same color, right?
Well, but yeah. 
I bought them different times, and fortunately wasn't planning to use them together.

Now, I'm not going to count how often I have said this recently, but: hey, guess what, I got more yarn!
This pin really is all that for me this year.

First off is thanks to a July 4th sale at Purple Lamb (I got some of her yarn back in April, too):
These are both on her So Silky Sock base, half merino and half silk, so very soft; this one is Rosy-Fingered Dawn.
And this is Midsummer Night's Dream
They'll make a lovely silky shawl, don't you think? I haven't picked a pattern yet, but I'm sure I can find something.

The other yarn that came was actually an old one, via a destash; the yarn is the sadly unavailable periwinkle sheep sock dream, with which I've made about my favorite socks ever, and I found someone on Ravelry willing to sell a beautiful blue skein.
Is that my color, or what?
That's all ... for now...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, that blue. Karin at Periwinkle does nice work. I had the great good fortune to actually get to meet her once, and she's wonderful. As one would expect from any messages online, but in person, too.

    ReplyDelete