Sunday, May 10, 2020

On a Quiet Mother's Day

My mother loves carmelcorn, so for Mother's Day, I bought her a tub of what I was told was really good stuff (I asked for recommendations on Facebook, and a couple of people said, oh, you want Garrett's). When I was a kid, I remember there was a place in Boston that made really good carmelcorn, but for my mother, the kind you can get in Syracuse is the best of the best.

She says this is as good.

It tastes really good to me, too (yes, she's sharing). It is Not Cheap, just to warn you, but it's actually worth it, for a once-in-a-while treat. If you know anyone who loves the stuff, keep this in mind.

We're having a quiet day here, of course. Not feeling up to the strain of trying to go out in quarantine-times, though some restaurants are starting to reopen here, at lower capacity. So we had French toast for breakfast, I'm going to make us a tuna noodle casserole for dinner, and tonight we're very much looking forward to watching the NHL Network special on Bobby Orr and the Bruins winning the Cup 50 years ago today (Big, Bad, and Bobby, on at 8!). It's supposed to rain on and off all day, but hey, at least it's not snowing here. Things could be so much worse. Which, these days, counts as positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment