Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Boat Ride the First

All right, let's pretend I don't still feel like crap today (which I do, even though I firmly told the universe last night that today was going to be better [though at least I'm not up north and dealing with the foot or two of snow they've just gotten; I'd rather be here, coughing]), and move on. I have dozens and dozens of pictures to share from last week, so let's start with the good old Everglades boat ride.

The first picture isn't from the ride itself, but inside the ranger station where we checked in.
Snake skin. Can you believe people choose to go out looking for these things?

Late afternoon light is an interesting thing. These two photos were taken less than two minutes apart.

Wouldn't you think they were farther apart?

Once we were out a bit, some dolphin motion was seen ahead of the boat.
(Click on any of the photos to see them bigger.)

And once we got moving again, they came up behind us to jump in the wake, as they like to do.



I got five seconds of video showing two of them jumping; I'll put it at the bottom of the post, since I'm not sure if it will load properly.

We came up to the sand bar where the white pelicans were hanging out.

So beautiful.
The patterns on the water caught my eye.

And the light as the sun went down.


Just beautiful. As always, it was a very nice ride. (And, at 4 o'clock on the day before Thanksgiving, there were eight of us on a boat that holds, I don't know, probably 30-40 people. Lots of room!)

Now, again, I don't know if the video will load, or show up when I publish this, but if it does, you'll see five seconds of video, showing two dolphins jumping. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the dolphins! Thanks for the post and I hope the Red Tide leaves you alone soon.

    We've basically been housebound since Sunday. Here in Northampton-adjacent it started to snow around 2 o'clock in the afternoon and by 2:30 the ground was covered. I went out to clean the car and move for the snowplow yesterday and again today. That's all the outside activity for 3 days and I'm getting cabin fever. Tomorrow I'll be out again and enjoying the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a moment to realize you meant that really long thing when you said snake. Yow. Definitely a cuteness deficit there. The dolphin pictures, though--dolphins are so charming.

    ReplyDelete