Thursday, May 23, 2019

Blocking the Non-Shawl

As I mentioned recently, I got a lot of knitting done on the April trip, and I did in fact pick the project up and finish it a week ago. I blocked it over the weekend, and it went very well.

Here is Across the Waters before blocking. Slightly rumpled, edges rolling a little bit. I was hoping blocking would smooth things out.
And here it is, wet and laid out to dry. Better already! You can see (relative to the surface it's on) that it grew a bit, but also the surface is smoother and the edges aren't rolling.
I mean, I tried making it flat when it was dry, but it didn't wholly want to.
The reverse side, for those who like to see that.
I kind of like the texture that the ends of the short rows give.
 Again, wet:
 I moved it around a bit as it was drying, and this was a different angle, so to speak.
Neat! If I do say so.
I took it to a meeting in air conditioning the other day, and liked it very well to wear, which is nice. We're going to the theater on Saturday, and I need to pick an outfit that will go with it.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice piece! I may have to make one of those for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! The colors, the pattern, everything.

    ReplyDelete