Monday, December 17, 2018

Two Kitten Visits

Since I had such trouble getting to posting last week, I have two sessions of kitten-visiting photos in one!

Last week, there was just the one room, with six kittens in it, the ones I saw two weeks ago.

There was some excitement at being visited.
They're active little bunnies, resulting in some blurred photos.
Some challenging lighting, too.
More blur.
And the classic, stepping out of the frame just as the picture is taken.
Kittens, right? They sure are cute, though.


This week, there were still four of the grey ones there (all pre-adopted, so I guess they'll go home soon), but it was feeding time when I got there, so they didn't have much attention to spare.
They moved from bowl to bowl because the grass is always greener, and once eating was done, it was bath time.




And they all started to fall asleep, so I moved on to the new ones. There's a stray named Willow, who might be six months old, all black, no tail, and since the volunteer who was cleaning up wanted to change the towel in her cage, I picked her up. She was totally fine with it, and purred while I rubbed her head and ears. I must have held her for ten minutes, and she was relaxed and sweet. Find this girl a home! (They will.) I took her picture after she was back in the cage.
Just a ball of stress, right?
Then they had a mama cat and four wee kittens. I reached in to pet the mama, who was in the upper part of the cage (where they can go to get a break from the babies), and the kids were much concerned that they weren't getting the petting.
"What are you doing? I'm down here!"
I did pick up a couple and handle them a little, but mostly I was loving on the mama, and as you can see, she's another lovebug.


I was talking to the other volunteer and had stopped petting but kept my hand there, and the cat went to sleep with her head in my hand. So sweet! Another one who will make a great pet.

And, like Maggie, she will be running the household in no time.

1 comment:

  1. This post was just what I needed. Kittens and cats. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete