Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Splash, Splash

The Y changed up the pool class schedule in October, something that didn't fully impact me until this week (I never went last week, due to going to the doctor's office and having zero energy from the cold; the week before, I went to one class). Yesterday, I went to the formerly-9am-now-2pm aqua fit class, which was fine. But the formerly-9am-Thursday class is now at 8am on Wednesday, while the now-2pm-Thursday class is aqua jogging instead.

Did you follow that?

What it boils down to is that instead of going Tuesday and Thursday mornings, I'm going Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. I might try the aqua jogging some day, but in theory it doesn't appeal to me as much as the aqua fit. I'm going to ask around at class to see if anyone can tell me what the Saturday aqua Zumba class is like, but the description of it scared me off. Do I look like I want high intensity? I'm also going to ask around about a seasonal class they have starting in November, because I am cautiously intrigued by what Dragonboat Paddling might entail.

But for now, Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning it is. I was a bit nervous this morning, since part of the appeal to me is being out in the sunshine, and it has been getting cooler here in the mornings--no, not cold, I'm not trying to say that, but I have switched back to hot coffee, and need pj pants and a robe to sit on the lanai, so I wasn't sure how getting in the water would go.

The second hardest part was making myself take my sweats off to get in the pool. Being in the water wasn't too bad; I don't think they're heating it yet, but it wasn't colder than the air was, anyway. The hardest part was getting out again, since with the wet skin and swimsuit, the air felt even colder despite the sun having come up during the class. Not pleasant, but it didn't reach the "I am never doing this again" level, so for now, we persevere.

It's a bit odd to get my two classes a week out of the way in under 24 hours. My pool shoes from yesterday hadn't even dried off in time for time, but fortunately, I have a second pair. And now, I'm off the hook until Tuesday, which I am okay with.

No comments:

Post a Comment