Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Two Sleeves and More Yarn!

I am very excited to say that I finished the second sleeve of the sweater! Look at that, two cuffs!

On a Zoom Monday night, I went back to working on the body, and wow, did it ever feel weird to be going back and forth on the long, long rows instead of turning and turning and turning and turning the sleeves. Better, mind you, but weird. I worked on the body for two months (late March to late May), which used half the yarn, but then the sleeves took me close to two more months, which seems crazy. Part of that was technique slowdown, though, as I did magic loop at first but disliked it, then got flexi-flip needles, which were better, but all the turning made progress feel soooo sloooow.

Onward!

And then, more yarn. Last week, Blue Barn Fiber announced a pre-moving sale to clear out inventory, and I picked up the two skeins on the left. 
They are soft and lovely.


And as long as I was there, I couldn't resist getting a skein of her LGBTQ Pride colorway; I had been hoping for it on a base with cashmere in it (because of course I was), but this is on Squishy Sock, 85/15 sw merino/nylon, and it is lovely and soft.

It's an assigned pooling colorway, so I unwound it to see its full glory:
That is going to be fun to knit up! I'm thinking maybe the Cuddle Puddle Wrap pattern (Ravelry link), as I quite like the way this project (also a Ravelry link) looks. 

But it will have to wait its turn.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sleeves! Doing my own little happy dance here, and those yarns are beautiful. You are going to have so much fun with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I have got to remember to reset the "Comment as" button each time. My blog went to a different platform years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for completed sleeves! I can imagine your smile of satisfaction.

    Pretty, pretty yarns. I can almost feel the softness.

    ReplyDelete