Saturday, November 26, 2022

Time Off

Even a three-day weekend is so much better than a regular one, but a four-day weekend? Amazing. Waking up after two days off to have two more days off feels fantastic.

Of course, that's followed by a five-day work week, and then two more of the same, which will be a rude return to reality. But I am taking the whole week before Christmas off, and then we get Monday for the holiday AND I'm taking Tuesday the 27th, AND THEN, I will work three days that are generally not hectic, followed by another three-day weekend. Phew.

(I would love to retire, but my finances are not ready yet. My back-up plan continues to let me down: on last night's Mega Millions ticket, we had one number. And although I was mildly irked that we had three other numbers that were one-stinking-digit off a winning number, we would only have won $400 if they were all correct. Not exactly retirement money there.)

Ah well. Here, have a burrowing owl photo I took on a walk today. The new phone's camera is so much better than the old one--so much zoom!

I just love how they always look so fed up with the attention.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a great photo of the owl!
    My husband is in the last stage of his career before retirement, which will be a huge change.

    ReplyDelete