Saturday, July 16, 2022

Bringing Back the Globe's Movie Ratings

Time for something a little lighter, eh? I can't believe how long ago it was when I first noticed how the Boston Globe gives such interesting descriptions of movie ratings, both explaining the unrated and expanding on what the rating actually means in the case of a specific movie. But it was 2015 when I first did! And apparently I haven't done one of these in several years? Huh. Pandemic time, it's all wibbly-wobbly.

The things is that I've still been screenshotting the ones I've noticed, I just haven't gotten them into ye olde blogge. So here we go, from the last few years, and the timing of them get all messed up as I was entering them, so I just put them in alphabetical order.

Movie ratings

I think the explanations of unrated ones might be the best.

On the other hand, this is pretty funny.

Cabbages? And just one profanity?

Getting all philosophical.

In this one, it's the languages note.

Bovine what now?


Lots and lots.

Vroom!


Medical realities: so it's a horror movie, then?

You've been warned.

Proper, eh?


Arguing with the rating.


And again here.


Evocative!

And again!

Only one and a half stars, but I'm intrigued.


Since the book title (in the US) was Mrs. 'Arris


Hmm.

Oy!


Again, evocative!


Artful and watery?


And finally, one more for the languages. I certainly hope there were subtitles!



3 comments:

  1. Those were incredible! Thanks for the laugh!
    Anyone else curious about "bold choices in cuisine?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny!

    I didn't know there was a Molly Ivins movie but I do miss Molly Ivins. I have a book of hers, written when W was running for President and she couldn't imagine how anyone could fall for Shrub, as she called him. Bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like Nicole - I want to know more about the cuisine! I didn't know the Globe had such delightfully snarky reviews, so I'm into it now!

    ReplyDelete