Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Bonkers Hockey; Squishy Mail Day, Incoming Yarn!

The NHL playoffs started last night; since they have all the plyoff teams in two "bubble" cities in Canada, the times are spread out a bit unusually, and the first games started at 3 in Toronto and 5:30 (Eastern) in Edmonton. The Bruins game was supposed to start in Toronto at 8.

Supposed to, because the 3 o'clock game wasn't over yet.

The 5:30 game in Edmonton finished, and still Tampa and Columbus played on.

After the fourth overtime period, the NHL decided to push the Bruins game to 11 AM today. Tampa finally scored halfway through 5 OT, which would have had the Bruins game starting close to 11 PM if they hadn't rescheduled, so I'm glad they did. Absolutely crazy.

And not even the craziest ever! It became just the fourth-longest game in NHL history. I don't suppose it would be fair to CBJ to give Tampa two victories for that game, and yet, they played more than two games by length.

And the scoreboard people had a good time with it. I love this sense of humor. For that matter, when today's Bruins game went into overtime, the board said, Deja Vu? (The Bruins won, thank god, in the second overtime.  Finishing just before the next game was supposed to start, at 3! This has some serious mess potential.) 

~~~~~~~~~~

It's very revealing of my year so far, and how much stress-yarn-shopping I've been doing, that when I stress-ordered yarn last week and thought that it had been a while since I had ordered any, I looked back and it had been three weeks.

So that's not a long time. Although, in my defense, I'm still waiting for that order to arrive (it's coming from Canada), so it feels like even longer.

Than three weeks.

Anyway! Last week was tough, and when I saw something about this yarn dyer (Sweater Sisters) having their cashmere (Wayfarer fingering) on big sale (usually $32, now $21, go get yours!), well, it had to be done.

(I have no idea what's wrong with Google Photos today, but the pictures I took are refusing to show up anywhere except on my phone [and even there, Instagram saw them but Blogger through the browser did not]. I had to email this to myself and download it. This better straighten out soon.)

So pretty, so soft, so good-wooly-smelling, such a deal! Between the yarn and the Bruins win, I'm off to smile my way through the evening (and go to bed early, to rest up for tomorrow's supposedly-at-8 Game Two).

No comments:

Post a Comment