Sunday, February 16, 2020

Surprisingly Disconcerting

As part of the consideration of switching back to eye glasses after decades of contact lenses, I decided to stay with my old glasses today, instead of putting my contacts in. It's been a long time since I showered without contacts! I could see my feet, but no details of toes. Trying to do this in an unfamiliar shower is not a fun thought, but when I knew where everything was, it went all right. And wearing the glasses is going all right, too; it was strange not to be able to see to part my hair (when I tilt the head down to see the part, the glasses are too far down to let me see looking up at the top of my head), and the muscles around my eyes are a bit confused, but nothing dreadful.

In other news, I was more excited for my day off tomorrow, for Presidents Day, before I learned that in addition to the roofers being here, the building is being power-washed starting tomorrow. That's sure to be quiet and not disruptive at all, right? Do NOT ask me why they aren't waiting for the roofers to finish first, I have no idea.

Then at some point after the roofers, there will be workers here replacing all the windows (that's sure to be quiet and not disruptive at all, right?), and the building has to be painted. Oh joy.

My work computer returned to me Friday afternoon, all gussied up. I took a brief poke at it: all the settings I want my way, all the passwords and logins, all the change, ugh. I don't remember what version of Word I had on it before, but while it was in the shop I was using the Word 2016 on my personal computer, and now this one comes back with Word 2013, and things are all different why do they have to be different where's the this and the other thing and WHY ARE THE HEADERS IN ALL CAPS and why is the footer blue? Tuesday morning I'm supposed to be starting on a hurry-hurry-rush report that, based on what I've seen so far, I do not expect to be in good shape, and doing it in the midst of changes is ... sub-optimal.

Oh well.

Well, the Bruins won their game yesterday, and I am hopeful they will do well in this afternoon's game. We'll see. Maggie, say "Go, Bruins!"

2 comments:

  1. Wait. You can see your part with contacts in? You can wear them in the shower? What else have I missed by never having tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very nice of the Bruins to win the game we were at, and especially considerate of them to score most of their goals when the Red Wings goal was at the end where we were sitting!

    ReplyDelete