Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Not Pulling Their Punches

I'm going to get a bit political here tonight, something I don't often do, and if you're not in the mood, I understand, and you're excused. Come back for the knitting and hockey talk.

If you know me in real life, and possibly also if you don't, you'll realize that I have many issues (so, so many) with the president. I feel retroactive guilt for laughing at my aunt, many years back, for saying that she couldn't hear President Bush's voice without wanting to throw up, because now I know just how she feels.

So that's an everyday feeling, and every day there's another awful story, every day you think he can't get worse, and just about every day, he does.

Then he's an embarrassment on the world stage, and I cringe again and again about he represents this country so very poorly. It seemed this weekend like France was pretty much over the "trying to get along" stage, and I don't blame them a bit. But today, they made it even more clear.

You may have heard that the president couldn't be bothered to go to Arlington National Cemetery yesterday, to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, as presidents traditionally do on Veteran's Day.

But today the French embassy tweeted out photos showing that they went out and did it themselves.
And to them I say, bravo. Well done, mes amis.

2 comments:

  1. I was impressed by that myself. (And laughed at the shade they threw in the process.)

    ReplyDelete