Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Hockey from Here

Once I moved down here, as my mother had promised, we got the necessary channels and services from the cable company so that I could see all the Bruins games. Specifically, we got the NHL Network (a regular channel) and NHL Center Ice (a seasonal subscription that shows every NHL game unless it's on a national network). Thus, not only have I been watching my Bruins, I've been turning on other games and shows as well. It's fun to have a channel that is always showing something hockey-related! And not only to be able to watch any game, but to frequently have the choice of the home team's or away team's show.

The Bruins, meanwhile, have been decimated by injuries--and doesn't decimated literally mean down by a tenth? If so, then they have been more than decimated. Just about every defenseman that started the season has gone down, and only a couple are back. Last week the big man, Chara himself, went down with a bad knee (will be re-evaluated in 4 weeks), and in the following game, the injury bug moved to forwards and my beloved Bergeron was next. Today they announced that he, too, will be re-evaluated in 4 weeks, and wow, this is going to be an interesting time in Bruins fandom. I hope they have Pasta in bubble wrap between games.

In lighter Bruins news, as we're two-thirds of the way through November, that means we're getting closer to the end of terrible Bruins mustache month Movember. It's such a worthy cause, sure, but so many of the guys grow such awful mustaches... I'll be glad when it's over. The Bruins play December 1, and I hope to see some clean-shaven faces at that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment