Sunday, October 04, 2026

Between Body and Brain

My brain has its ways of getting ready for a trip. I do enjoy anticipation, but also I find it soothing to be "ready" as much as possible ahead of time. I make lists and check things off. I want to feel prepared.

Even though I don't leave until Thursday, and even though I went downstairs earlier today and brought things up, including the suitcase, to start getting my packing organized, my brain wants me to go down again and bring up other things. 

My body says, nice try, pal, not doing the stairs again today. I have to go down each of the next three days for different things. That's plenty of opportunity for carrying.

If the elevator was working, I would probably have made two more trips down today. "I wonder where I put the..." and "I should also grab that..." and so on.

It doesn't need to be done today. My brain wants it to be. My body says no.

I'm listening to my body. Reluctantly. It feels like an itch that I can't scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment