Friday, August 14, 2026

Oh Noooooo

Our dishwasher died the other day: the cycle ran much shorter than it should have, there was water still in the bottom, and while it did drain when we told it to, it then would not start a new cycle. From Mom's records, it was installed in 2009 and expected to last 10-15 years, so it's right on schedule.

HOWEVER.

Can we really expect the service people to carry a new dishwasher up five flights of stairs? Probably not, right? I mean, it seems unlikely to me. Which takes this right from annoyance into disaster, within the class of first-world problems. 

The whole well-documented elevator situation has been awful, but in a straightforward way, if you follow me. The annoyance has been awful from day one, but it hasn't gotten harder to carry everything up and down. The increasing length of time has sucked, but the difficulty of each individual trip has been the same. The thing is, it requires a lot of coping and planning to handle things that used to require next to none. 

And now we add the fun of hand-washing every dish for a month. I don't know what ancient spirit I pissed off, but I'm sorry already.

Sigh. Anyway. We are soliciting opinions on brands of dishwashers, either ones you love or ones you've hated, and where to get them. So far, some of the advice is contradictory, but I welcome your take on it just the same.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, you have had such a run of home difficulties lately! We have a Bosch and I love it, no issues.

    ReplyDelete