Friday, September 30, 2022

Plus ça Change

The full phrase is "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" and it means "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

So: we're (still) fine. 

We're (still) in Miami. I've tried to get us a hotel room in Naples, to at least be closer to home, but no luck so far; there was a lot of flooding and there are a ton of power outages, just to complicate things. In fact, I **thought** I had made a reservation yesterday for tonight and the weekend, but decided last night that perhaps I should confirm that they had power. Guess what, they flooded and are closed! Could you maybe stop taking reservations on that? Fortunately, the hotel we're in had room for us to stay a few more days.

We (still) don't know when home will have power. One of the residents got there today and was able to look around, it seems like there isn't a ton of damage other than water may have gotten into the garages, but without power, yeah, no. 

I want to go home so much. But not without power.

So Mom and I are both bored and stressed; it's exhausting. Maggie is doing pretty well, considering. Here are a few photos of her, dealing with things.











2 comments:

  1. So glad you're okay. So glad you have a place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why should Maggie stress? That's what she has YOU for!

    But it's good to know you, Mom and Maggie are safe and dry. A motel sure beats living out of your car or a shelter. I'm glad to know you can get home - I was fearful you were on the islands.

    ReplyDelete