Monday, March 07, 2022

Other Pictures

"What?" says Maggie. "You haven't put up trip pictures yet?"


Look, cat, my head is only better than yesterday, not good. Cut me some slack.

Here, look at what I started today, when work slowed down: 


The pattern is Close To You by Justyna Lorkowska (Ravelry link).

I bought the yarn at A Good Yarn in Sarasota two years ago, it's Featherlight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts (Ravelry link), in the colorway Blue Ribbon; it's 100% Merino wool, fingering, and does indeed feel very light.

And of course I picked it out of the stash because of its colors, to do my little bit to show that I #StandwithUkraine. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad your head is feeling better - and I hope it is GOOD tomorrow! What a beautiful yarn and tribute to Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours are lovely! What are you knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's perfect. Love the colors and the pattern so far.

    I emailed Tina of Blue Moon years ago to ask if the name of a colorway had anything to do with a particular not terribly famous now British singer's song. Turns out she was a fan, too. A friend of mine had worked on one of the guy's albums, as it turned out, so I found out that that singer was having a bone marrow transplant, and I asked Tina if she could dye some of that colorway angled a bit more towards the masculine side. She was very happy to, and he was very gratified to receive it.

    Turns out that she and I grew up probably less than a mile from each other and most certainly knew people in common because our spheres overlapped.

    I've had a very fond spot for her ever since.

    ReplyDelete